Cross Street Chapel is excited to announces a new opportunity. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented musician to accompany us in our Sunday worship (10:45-11:45), as well as contribute a few incidental pieces each week. Details, including how to apply, are below:
- Salaried Position with 6 weeks’ paid holiday (pro rata)
- Annual salary: £2,610 (£45/service), plus additional fee for weddings and funerals
- Year-round position, but can be negotiated if necessary.
- Opportunity to play differing musical styles and repertoire.
- Chance to collaborate with other musicians.
- Perform in a beautiful round chapel space for an enthusiastic congregation
|High standard of musical performance and awareness|
|Proficient on piano||Proficient on organ|
|Ability to accompany and respond to a congregation||Experience playing with a congregation|
|Sensitivity to the values of the chapel and service themes||Willingness to get to know the community|
Cross Street Chapel is a Unitarian community at the heart of Manchester. Founded in 1662, the congregation now occupies a modern space with a Yamaha Medium Grand Piano and Makin Electric Organ. We are a diverse and liberal group, who is familiar with a variety of hymns and songs, and enjoy both traditional and improvisatory music. Our Sunday services usually include four hymns and three incidental pieces (prelude, interlude and postlude), and run from 10:45-11:45.
For a more detailed job description and information about the application process, please e-mail:
or write to Rev’d Cody Coyne, Cross Street Chapel, 29 Cross Street, Manchester, M2 1NL
Applicants are asked to submit a CV, covering statement and short recording (2-4 minutes). The recording should be a piece of your choiceappropriate as an interlude following a prayer and silence.
Closing Date for Applications: 10 March, 2022